Monday, October 8, 2007

project 4: self-portrait installation




I loved having the free range to use any material/ media for our self-portraits. It was also fun to break out of the norm of the other projects we've been doing. I liked that we got to build something and make something on a larger scale than we've been working with. I like how mine turned out, but I had a lot of trouble getting to that point. The wire was fun to work with, but it got way to heavy! The wooden tripod was the only option I came up with for holding it up. I think if I could do this again, I would have chosen a lighter wire because I feel like the wood takes away from the simple form. Seeing everyone else's final products and getting to display was also a good experience.



2 of my favorite self-portraits. :)

No comments: