



The main dining surface is a frosty 3form, a more durable material than glass, with generally the same effect. The top will sit on a walnut finished wood frame, with thin metal legs, similar to the chairs (Eames DCM Dining Chair). I'm still working out having the leaf pattern actually etched into the table top, or having fiber optics from inside create the same effect, but the leaf pattern is staying. The serving table (the middle lower section) is a simple walnut wooden piece, with the same legs. Once I design the room, the serving table may or may not have wheels so it can slide from the kitchen to in between the 2 tables. 6 people will sit on each side.
So far, I have a few different ideas about how the room could be designed, and my concept is almost solidified. I want to try and do a post on my conceptual process, and I think I will give sketchup a try for this, and post some images of that soon.

1 comment:
Very cool Leah! Let me know when you start selling these.
Post a Comment