
Today was our detail charette, where we intensely focus on one particular detail of our ideas/models for the time capsule project. We had 30 minutes for research, observations, and sketching, and 30 or 45 minutes to build two scale models of the details we looked at. I actually enjoyed doing this for the most part, I think the pressure helped me forget all my concerns about doing it "right" and I just went for it. I think I resulted in better models than I had before, simply because I was only focusing on certain parts.
I'm still not 100% certain about how I want this project to be.. I hope I can work it out. I'm also not quite sure that what I came up with today is the right way to go.

This first model is focusing on how the wire/cord holding up my hanging plastic time capsule drawers (?) will be attached. I stuck the wire through two of the corner planes, and held in it in place with a bracket (represented by the tape :)).

The second model was focusing on how the plastic pieces of the drawers would be held together, and I decided on metal brackets and screws from the inside, though I'm not 100% sure about this. During the workshop on Friday I can hopefully work everything out.

I also thought about how the wires would be attached to the ceiling, and all I could really come up with was metal brackets screwed into the wooden panels, like how a lot of the pipes are hung.

No comments:
Post a Comment