

I actually think I did a better job on the first one. I got frustrated with the view the second time, and ended up drawing other things around me instead of the same view. I do like the way I did the largest streetlight in the 2nd one, after we talked about setting up the scene this way in class. (Will post others soon!)

3 comments:
I know we looked at your contours in class, but I had to say that I really liked the first one. For some reason the drawing seems more layed back and solid, whereas the second one is a little rushed somewhat. The brick wall was a nice add to it and brings in alot of depth to the sketch. Both are good...first ones better. Great work.
Leah,
I like your clean lines and simplicity of subject. I think you did a better job than you think you did. With the exception of the bush just to the left of the lamp post, I actually like your second picture more. I feel like the second one has more depth and is more complete. I guess that's why art is rarely evaluated objectivly.
-Katrina
I agree with you, I like your first attempt better. I totally understand what you mean about getting frustrated with it after a while. I had a hard time too, but both of your drawings came out great.
Post a Comment